Foto Friday: Down The Rabbit Hole…

Well I went to the midnight show of “Alice in Wonderland” The movie was a lush 3D look at Tim Burton’s take on the story of Alice and it was very good. I imagine if you could peer into Mr. Burton’s mind it would be a little like falling down the rabbit hole in this movie. But more interesting than the film was the fans in line, die-hard Alice fans. I took a few photos with my phone so you can see what I mean. I have been to many midnight shows over the years and it is always a remarkable experience. I think I am getting to old for this though because I am so tired this morning and my body aches in all the wrong places. A few questions before I go. What is wrong with beach balls? Why do movie ushers hate them so much? Is it really necessary to do violence to the poor ball? Isn’t confiscating it enough? A moment of silence for the poor beach balls, destroyed, popped and mutilated before their time. Awwww!!!

K waiting in line and plugged into her ipod as always

Friends of ’88’s

K and her Alice grin. She has been waiting 2 years for this movie and was so excited to be at the midnight show.

Advertisements

About insider53

Wife, Mother, Grandmother, Friend, Writer, Voracious Reader, and so much more.
This entry was posted in family, my life and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Foto Friday: Down The Rabbit Hole…

1. Gibby says:

So glad to see you back!
    Love the pics, I love it when fans go all-out for a movie!

2. LisaF says:

I’m torn whether to go see it or not. Not usually a Tim Burton fan. I didn’t see you in the photos…did you dress the part? ;-)

BTW: love your background! And that I had a notice in my reader of your post! You’ve been missed.

3. ck says:

Welcome back! Great new layout.

(And I love the photos. I think I need to go to a midnight movie, and fast. The last time I saw people dressed up at a movie was the Princess and the Frog…and that doesn’t count.)

4. Syma K. says:

Now I want to dress up for a movie, but I think I am too old for that. Maybe if they make a Wuthering Heights remake.

5. faemom says:

I like the layout too!
    And I think you go to more midnight showing than I ever have. You got stamina, baby!

6. Jane says:

That last photo says it all! I took my daughter to a midnight showing of Harry Potter – totally worth the aches and pains the next day. (and now my moment of silence for the beach balls —– :)