It has been a very sad day today. My little grand puppy Sophie passed away today after a long illness. She was only a little over a year old but made a large impact on all our lives. She was a sweet and smart little trouble maker who was a constant source of amusement. She was my eldest daughter’s little Papillon and she swallowed some pennies one day and never fully recovered. We believe she had acute zinc toxicity caused by the pennies and this morning her poor little heart gave out. I do believe there is a special place in heaven for animals we love and Sophie will always have a special place in my heart.