Ego Check….

LIFE-US-JUPITER-ASTEROIDThis image shows a large impact shown on the bottom left on Jupiter’s south polar region captured on July 20, 2009, by NASA’s Infrared Telescope Facility in Mauna Kea, Hawaii. A large comet or asteroid has slammed into the  planet Jupiter, creating an impact site the size of Earth, pictures by an Australian amateur astronomer. Computer programmer Anthony Wesley said it took him 30 minutes to realize a dark spot rotating in Jupiter’s clouds on July 19 was actually the first impact seen by astronomers since a comet collided with the giant planet in July 1994. REUTERS/NASA/JPL/Infrared Telescope Facility/Handout

Well, this gives you a new perspective on your importance in the universe. That little dot at the bottom of Jupiter is a crater the size of Earth. Compare the two, go ahead I’ll wait………mind boggling isn’t it.

“There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy”…. Hamlet Act 1, Scene 5

Advertisements

About insider53

Wife, Mother, Grandmother, Friend, Writer, Voracious Reader, and so much more.
This entry was posted in hot topics, life, world topics and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Ego Check….

1. faemom says:

My favorite quote from Hamlet. Or perhaps all of Shakespeare.
    I know. Craziness.

2. Jo-Ann says:

Wow, that is mind boggling. I took a course on astronomy when I was in university (many…many yrs ago) and most of it was hard to wrap my mind around. So much more out there then our little world.

Toot toot!

3. KathyB! says:

It’s hard to fathom sometimes just how insignificant we are. Well said. And thought provoking.

4. Evenshine says:

“Humankind cannot bear very much reality”- my fave. Between this, the strange blob off the Alaska coast, and the earthquake off New Zealand, it certainly does make you stop and wonder…

5. spamwarrior says:

WOW. I heard this and was googling to get more pictures and information. I can’t wait to see what they find.

6. Ink says:

Mind officially boggled. Wow.